Embassy Cup is a premier level tournament for highly competitive teams ages U9-U19 (no U18) boys and girls. All games will be played primarily at the MD SoccerPlex, one of the top soccer facilities in the country. The Embassy Cup will offer teams the opportunity to play their way into the Bethesda Tournament in November.
There are (5) things to do to get recruited. An athlete has to:
1. Get Evaluated: Coaches don’t have time to look at every player so they have to rely on credible sources to get their information.
2. Post your academic/athletic resume online: This is a fast and easy way to get connected with coaches.
3. Create a winning highlight/skills video: Again, coaches can’t personally look at every recruit so they need a way to see your talents.
4. Contact coaches: They can’t recruit you if they don’t know who you are! It's not the tournament's job to contact the coaches...it's your job!
5. Start building relationships and following up with coaches now: The recruiting process started yesterday! With how competitive recruiting has become, athletes need to start building relationships with coaches as early as junior high.